The Creation Begins with Destruction

The trailer has been re-located down next to the cabin. I've got the pressure-treated lumber to build the base. And if my motivation keeps up, I should have it framed in by the end of the summer. Hopefully.

May 27, 2011

Black Frame & Rusty Axles

There it is!!!
A fully wire-brushed and painted frame. 
Top, sides, and bottom. 

Here's looking at the back section ...
which is finally done! 

Then my wife came outside ...
admired the beautifully done frame and said,
"The axles are rusty."
So true ... but they are next up. 

This is a major accomplishment.  I'm exhausted.
De-constructing it was Milestone 1.
Wire-brushing and painting the frame is Milestone 2.
The axles will be Milestone 3.
There is some discussion  about replacing the axles (I have no idea what these are, but I'm guessing 2500 lb 4" drop axles) with 
3500 lb. 4" drop axles. (I have the electric brakes and hubs)
Even if the axles I purchase aren't plumbed for electrical brakes,
I'll just run parallel wiring down the other side of the frame.

Milestone 4: 
The sub-floor framing  with the plumbing to the tanks ...
which means I'll have to tentatively place the tub ...
in order to figure out how to route the 1-1/2" tubing 
up through the sub-floor  ... with 2 vent tubes. 
Aaaaaaccck!

(I'll worry about that later) 

No comments:

Post a Comment