The Creation Begins with Destruction

The trailer has been re-located down next to the cabin. I've got the pressure-treated lumber to build the base. And if my motivation keeps up, I should have it framed in by the end of the summer. Hopefully.

Apr 20, 2011

While I'm sanding & Painting

I'm looking at things like this materials list from the Sonoma Shanty plans that I purchased a year ago.  I'm looking at the stick-built version ... instead of buying more expensive plans.  Particularly since I don't need to run this past the Planning Commission. 

The Sonoma Shanty plans are for an 8' x 15' and I'm building an 8' x 20'
but they are really helpful.

As are the 8x20-tiny-solar-house-plans.pdf
by TinyHouseDesign.com

They don't cover plumbing, electrical wiring, cabinets, etc. I can get books at Home Depot, Lowes, or Camping World for those.  But they do help in the basics of getting it framed up and dried-in.  And give me an idea of how much of what I'll need to buy to do exactly that.

No comments:

Post a Comment