I hammered down on the top of that front tube ...
which brought the top of the front wheel inward -
more aligned with the rear wheel.
Here's what it looked like when I removed it.
This is NOT the way it is supposed to look.
So a LOT of hammer-work is involved to flatten and straighten it.
Look at all the crinkles in the metal.
This thing was in two pieces and folded up somewhat severely.
Using a plastic hammer, I managed to straighten most of the that out.
Although you can see it isn't perfectly smooth ...
it is flat enough that it went back into shape
and I connected the two pieces of seam back together.
Here's what it looks like from the tire side of the wheel-well.
Lots of work hammering it "flat" on a 2 x 8.
Zoey said it was a good thing she kept her wheel-well covers.
So I had to fix this one up. In order to re-use mine.