The Creation Begins with Destruction

The trailer has been re-located down next to the cabin. I've got the pressure-treated lumber to build the base. And if my motivation keeps up, I should have it framed in by the end of the summer. Hopefully.

Jan 30, 2010

The Blue Tarp on the Front Porch


When you move from a larger house into a smaller house ...
There is a problem pertaining to what to do with all the "STUFF".  I mean, why would you want to give up all that really good and useful stuff?  Like the dishwasher machine on the pallet out back ...

So, here is the front of the cabin with the blue tarp wrapped around the front porch.  Why do you think someone would wrap a blue tarp around the front porch?  For more storage space, of course!

As we get closer to the porch, you can start to see the accumulation.
A stack of newspapers for use in the newspaper B-B-Q.
A dresser that just won't fit inside ... but we have to keep.
A camping stove ... 
and old bottles (collector items).

Containers and milk crates filled with stuff.  
a 10' x 10' outdoor screened room (in a box)
Large pictures to hang on a wall (in a bigger house)

Stuff, stuff, and more stuff ...
dishes and towels and food.

Stuff that we've had sitting out here for nearly 3 years!
You'd think that if we haven't used it in that period of time,
that the likelihood of us using it is not great.
And we might just as well pass it on to someone else.

OR

It could be like my old college books ...
that I've had no use for in 15 years ...
so I threw away a bunch of them 
or donated them to the thrift store.
Now I am buying them again ...
because I finally got a job where I need that information.
darn.

After I thought I was making progress on whittling down
all my excess stuff ...

No comments:

Post a Comment