The Creation Begins with Destruction

The trailer has been re-located down next to the cabin. I've got the pressure-treated lumber to build the base. And if my motivation keeps up, I should have it framed in by the end of the summer. Hopefully.

Jul 2, 2011

Monetarily Broke = Slow Progress

This is the front axle.
You see the dent (arch) in the axle towards the left side.
Bad news.
My wife wants me to replace both axles with new Reliable 3500 lb. axles.  
May be a delay getting around to that due to money shortage.  In the meantime, I need to put jackstands or scissor jacks under at least 3 points on each side and level the frame to construct the sub-floor/ foundation.

I've removed the springs and shackles.
Due to rust, just attempting to unbolt them didn't work.  I used the wire wheel in the drill to clean out the threads, then oiled them, and after that it wasn't so difficult to get them off.  I need to totally wire brush them and paint them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment