The Creation Begins with Destruction

The trailer has been re-located down next to the cabin. I've got the pressure-treated lumber to build the base. And if my motivation keeps up, I should have it framed in by the end of the summer. Hopefully.

Nov 16, 2010

SIP's - Pricing

I went down to Lowe's and tried to wrap my head around how much it would cost in lumber, and insulation ... plus how much time I would spend putting all that together.  True, going that way I could piece things together as I went along and could afford them.  


HOWEVER, I also wanted to see what it would cost if I purchased SIP's (Structural Integrated Panels) for the floor (base), walls, lofts, and roof.  The base, walls, lofts, and roof could all be put up within one day.  Can you imagine having it completely "dried-in" within one day?!!  I specified 8 window openings and 1 door.  I forgot the opening for the water heater.  And I specified dormers 9 ft long over both sides of the sleeping loft area.  Anyway, here is the quote ... to have the materials delivered to my location.


You can click on these written images below to enlarge them for better reading:
Here are some more technical details ...
So, here comes the ballpark price quote ...

Notice that part about transportation to my location as being included!
and then here comes the basic legalese ...
I need to quit spending money on interior things and save my pennies to make those payments.  It may be March before I can do this.  
The trailer will certainly be ready before then.
I could probably cut down my costs somewhat if I sent a truck & trailer to pick up and bring back the load (paying for fuel).  Then I wouldn't have to worry about that 2 hr unloading limitation.  And I'd have it inside a dry-van.

No comments:

Post a Comment